SMALL PRINT YOU'LL LOVE TO READ
Please read the following carefully as booking works in confirms your acceptance of our terms and conditions as set out below.
- We do not charge a call out.
- We charge for the first hour in full and thereafter in 15 minute increments.
- VAT Reg No: 4710289580
- Hourly rate: R609.50 / man hr including VAT (Mon – Fri 8am – 5pm)
- Day rate: R4450 including VAT (day rates apply for works of 3+ consecutive days, for 6-8 hours per day, at the same address)
- Charges above do not include materials or mileage.
- Mileage, if applicable, is charged at R5.50 + VAT / km (no mileage charge in PE)
- Certificates of Compliance where applicable are R305 + VAT per certificate, and are supplied following receipt of full nd final payment.
- Affidavits where requested cost R850 including VAT (to cover fuel and time for visiting the police station and dropping your affidavit off at your premises)
- Should we need to source parts on the day following a visit to your property (i.e. return same day), under normal circumstances labour do to so is capped at 1 hour (+ mileage as above).
- You may find materials (for e.g. a tap, shower door or pump replacement etc.) cheaper online or instore than we can supply them. We do not guarantee parts not supplied by ourselves, although they should be covered by your manufacturers guarantee etc.
- We guarantee our workmanship for 1 year following installation date.
- We do not guarantee any work in respect of clearing blockages in waste and drainage systems.
- The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, for materials supplied by the Client & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
- You may not want the hassle of sourcing parts yourself and we are happy to do so for you. We charge an industry standard 20% on top of our trade / purchase prices to cover our costs and will also guarantee parts supplied by ourselves, should they fail within 1 year from installation date, with proper care and where all invoices presented have been paid in full upon presentation.
- Any Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by Clearwater Plumbers is:
(a) Subject to misuse or negligence
(b) Any invoice presented to the Client by the Company is unpaid within 14 days of presentation.
(c) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Clearwater Plumbers operative.
- If, at completion of works, the Client is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Client shall give notice in writing within 12 months to Clearwater Plumbers Pty Ltd & shall afford us, and / or our insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Client accepts that if he fails to notify us as aforesaid then we shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
- FULL PAYMENT is due immediately following presentation of invoice, by EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). Cash attracts a cash handling fee. We do not accept cheques.
- For work requiring materials sourced by us, we will require payment for materials prior to commencement of works. A materials invoice will be sent at the time of booking works in and is due upon presentation. Materials remain the property of Clearwater Plumbers Pty Ltd until full payment is received.
- In the event that you decide to cancel the works through no fault of our own, where we have purchased materials on your behalf, you agree to pay upon presentation of invoice for any non returnable parts (these non returnable parts will be dropped at your property), plus any administration and or shipping costs passed on to us by our suppliers, plus up to 3 hours administration labour charge at the applicable rate, depending on the amount of materials that need to be returned, and drive time to your property to drop off any non returnable parts.
- For larger projects, a deposit and payment structure will be in place and agreed by both parties prior to commencement of any works.
- For most work, drying time is needed following completion of works, please take this into consideration when considering any disruption to yourself or your tenants. (drying time dependent on works carried out)
- Free estimates for large projects are available on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, arrival time slot to be advised.
- Estimates at other time (where we visit site) are charged at 1 hour at the applicable rate as above.
- On estimates, labour costs are valid for 30 days from date supplied. Parts costs are subject to supplier increase. Errors and omissions excluded.
- For small jobs, please supply photographs and a description of your problem – we may be able to identify issues without having to visit your property, enabling us to arrive onsite with the correct parts, saving you time and money.
- Estimated costs are specified to the works and materials as detailed within the written estimate supplied to you in PDF format. Variations outside of this will be subject to additional charges. No additional works will be carried out without first discussing any unforeseen circumstances and agreeing a best way forward.
- Where a written estimate has been supplied, the total charge to the Client referred to in the estimate should not exceed the actual time taken by more than 20% but may be revised in the following circumstances:
(a) if after submission of the estimate the Client instructs us (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the estimate.
(b) if after submission of the estimate there is an increase in the price of materials.
(c) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the estimate was prepared.
(d) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate was prepared.
- Estimated costs do not include rubble / white goods / cylinders / pumps / taps etc. etc. removal and or disposal, unless otherwise stipulated within the estimate itself.
- When underfloor heating is installed, we cannot be held responsible for any faults arising with it following any works completed by us. This is because the quality of underfloor heating products used, together with installation practices vary greatly. No floor tiles can be lifted without damaging under floor heating. Under floor heating should not be installed closer than 80mm from the wall tiles, in order to prevent damage.
- We assume at commencement that all other plumbing that we are connecting onto is in good working order, including (but not limited to) geysers, pressure reducing valves, valves, heating elements, drainage etc. On re pressurising an existing system, any subsequent faults would incur additional costs to rectify.
- Unless installing new, we assume all drainage is in good working order.
- Repairs to old or low quality taps may incur additional charges
- To install any bathroom accessories (e.g. toilet roll holder, mirror etc.) not itemised within the supplied estimate will incur an additional 30 minutes labour per accessory.
- Please ensure any other tradesman hired by you cleans up properly after their works, as failure to do so directly impacts our ability to carry out our works to within the time scale as specified within the estimate, including taking away their own waste. Any delays caused directly by other tradesman hired by you on your project will incur additional costs to be added to your estimate / invoice.
- Clearwater Plumbers Pty Ltd shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay in performing any of its obligations if such delay is due to any cause whatsoever beyond its reasonable control, and we shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
- Clearwater Plumbers Pty Ltd reserves the right to refuse or decline work at our discretion.